WIN a wedding at Newbury Racecourse worth £10,000
22 Jun 2018
Newbury Racecourse is delighted to offer www.bridemagazine.co.uk readers the chance to win a wedding worth £10,000
Established in 1905, Newbury Racecourse is not your average wedding venue in any sense of the word. With impeccable service and impressive attention to detail, it became the first UK racecourse to retain the Racecourse Association Excellence Accolade for Customer Service for three consecutive years.
The Racecourse offers a picturesque, distinctive and relaxing backdrop for small, medium and large weddings, along with on-site accommodation at The Lodge and an award-winning culinary team offering flexible packages from traditional wedding breakfasts to barbecues on the terrace.
A dedicated wedding co-ordinator is assigned to each couple, offering full support throughout the entire planning process, helping them design and deliver their perfect event.
Newbury Racecourse’s flexibility suits any size and style of occasion, from intimate wedding breakfasts of up to 40 guests in the Royal Box, to light and airy receptions of up to 220 guests in the Owners’ Club, to self-catered weddings of up to 550 guests in the Racegoers’ Suite.
The Owners' Club
This stunning, modern, purpose-built space right at the heart of the picturesque Racecourse estate is complemented by immaculately kept, spacious lawns ideal for guests to socialise in. With a modern feel and multiple floor-to-ceiling bi-fold doors, The Owners’ Club offers a light and airy venue perfect for an indoor/outdoor drinks reception or a barbecue lunch, taking in the beautiful racecourse setting, especially on a warm summer’s day.
The Royal Box
The Royal Box provides a classic alternative for those who desire an intimate and more exclusive ceremony or wedding breakfast. Seating up to 40 guests, the Royal Box is a private venue steeped with royal heritage. It is decorated in an understated opulent style with its grand staircase leading up to the exclusive reception area, dining room and balcony with unsurpassed views across the racecourse.
The Racegoers’ Suite
The Racegoers’ Suite is a large versatile space for up to 550 guests and offers panoramic views over the Racecourse Estate. External caterers are welcome in this beautifully flexible suite which offers a unique setting for larger wedding parties.
The prize is a wedding for up to 80 people in the Owners' Club including:
- Room hire
- Free parking and directional signage
- SIA security/car parking marshal
- Cash bar facility
- Event manager
- Red carpet on arrival
- White linen and napkins
- Wedding co-ordinator
- Cake stand and knife
- Table numbers/name holders
- Menu tasting for the bride and groom on a race day
- Bedroom for the bride and groom on their wedding night in The Lodge
- Preferential rates for guests in The Lodge
- Champagne and canapé reception
- Bread roll and butter
- Three-course luxury meal
- Half-bottle of house wine per person for the meal
- Glass of champagne for the toast per person
- Tea/coffee and petit fours
For your chance to win, answer the question below.
Which of the following is not the name of a wedding suite at Newbury?
- Closing date: Thursday 31st January 2019
- One entry per household
- Archant employees and family members may not enter this competition
- If we do not receive a response from the winner within two weeks of initial contact, we will draw another winner.
- The prize is subject to availability and strictly only available for a single wedding date for a party of up to 80 guests in total.
- The winner will be drawn at random from the full list of competition entrants and notified via email.
- The prize is non-transferable, and no cash alternative is available. The prize will automatically be void if sold, offered for sale or if any attempt or offer is made to transfer the prize for value.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- The prize winner must reply to Newbury Racecourse via email or phone to arrange the wedding, which must be booked by 31 December 2019. After this time the prize will be invalid.
- The prize remains the property of Newbury Racecourse and Newbury Racecourse reserves the right to take possession of the prize at any time and for any reason.
- The Racecourse reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of its facilities.
- The winner may be requested to take part in promotional activities. Archant and Newbury Racecourse reserve the right to use the names and images of winners in any publicity both in print and online.