Your perfect gown by Petrina Blomeley, Cambric Gowns
19 Apr 2011
Your perfect gown by Petrina Blomeley, Cambric Gowns
One of the most important decisions for you is going to be choosing the bridal gown.
This should be a pleasurable experience in relaxed surroundings with friendly, personable assistants who allow you to experiment and try on lots of different styles. Utilise the professional skills of the team, give them time to understand you, your personality, your likes and dislikes and let them guide you with their specialist advice and knowledge.
Try to find a team of bridal specialists who excel in understanding the dream and visions that many a bride has nurtured from being a little girl. Personnel that can offer you a wealth of experience within the bridal and design industries, who can combine this with outstanding customer service and a passion for their product.
A store that can offer infinite variations and combinations of dress styles in fabulously opulent and rich textiles. Find a company that can offer innovative and trendsetting products; superior dresses in terms of design and quality.
Look for a team that can assist you to both look and feel fabulous. A team that understand the sentiment behind the statement that it’s not just a dress…
Getting married is one of the most meaningful days of your life, a day to celebrate the fact that you have found that one special person to share your future. A time in your life when you want to feel truly pampered and be thoroughly spoilt. It is about having a fabulous time from initial planning through to the special day itself.
Allow time to enjoy the experience of trying on gowns with an open mind. Share the moment with a close family member or friend, someone whose opinion you value but remember too many opinions can hinder your choice. Remember it is about you and what makes you feel beautiful on the inside and the outside - Your Perfect Gown. Your choice!
Don’t forget to allow 12 months prior to the wedding date, enough time to enjoy trying on the different styles available, allow 6-12 months for ordering and allow 1-3 months enough time for your fittings. Arrange appointments when you know you will have plenty of time and most importantly will be relaxed. Don’t forget that to carry out you’re your fittings it is essential that you are wearing the actual lingerie you will be wearing on your wedding day to ensure your gown can be fitted to you correctly.
For 2010; the trends for next season’s gowns are so diverse with no one style leading the way. It is truly dependent on what suits each individual. The combination of silhouettes and delicate, sensual fabrics teamed with fine detailing of crystals, diamantes, lace appliqués and fine ribbon work in the designer collections and also available to the couture service are so varied that each gown takes on it’s own unique and very special life. Gorgeous gowns in which the fabrics are as important as the shaping and cut.
The range of wedding dress styles available has never been greater or more fashion led:
• Full length lace gowns from textured 3-D guipure laces to softly draping beaded French laces.
• Figure hugging architectural folds in clean, contemporary lines of sumptuous silks and rustling taffetas that enhance and embrace the feminine form.
• Classically elegant soft satin silhouettes that cascade from the lower hips into elaborately glamorous skirts of frothy tulle or pleated or crinkle organza’s with lace appliqué embellishments.
• Traditional ball gown styles in silks and softer satins, trend proof and timeless with subtle changes to necklines and embellishments to keep fresh and of the minute.
• Fifties style higher hemline tea length dresses in a myriad of pretty laces ideal for girls with a fabulous pair of legs to show off or at least a pair of the latest stunning bridal shoes.
• Then there are the Grecian goddess high waisted dresses in floaty, airy chiffons, easy to wear, ideal for summer weddings or destination celebrations.
• Not forgetting the one shoulder asymmetrical look that has updated the basic strapless gown bringing attention to the shoulder and neckline area for a change.
Gowns that are opulent but thoughtful, full of details that enchant the eye and compliment rather than upstage the modern day bride.
Whether you choose to buy off the peg from the designer collections or to have your gown individually designed and created, your look wouldn’t be complete without accessorising with fabulous jewellery and headdresses. 2010 sees a move towards vintage bridal accessories that combine Swarovski crystals, diamantes and feathers with traditional pearls on antique lace. Toppers with birdcage veils. Wraps in all shapes and sizes of feather and faux fur.
By introducing elements into your accessories that echo the details of your gown a totally exquisite cohesive look can be achieved. A look that reflects who you are how you want to appear on your wonderful wedding day and that gives you the confidence to know you look your very best.
Finally you can know that you have found your dream, you are about to fall in love again…with your perfect gown that is so much more than just a dress…!
Petrina Blomeley, Cambric Gowns.