Your bikini body blitz
16 Jun 2014
Your bikini body blitz
Top tips for your best summer body from Sapphire Pink
With wedding season underway and honeymoons on the horizon, it’s time to cut the
carbs, embrace healthy eating and hit the gym – hard. Beauty and wellness expert
Bridget-Clare O’Keeffe from bridal beauty concierge Sapphire Pink shares her top
tips for banishing the bulge ready for the beach.
The most important thing to remember is that we are all individuals so different approaches work for different people. Find what works for you and refine it. However, there are some general good habits to adopt to become the best version of yourself. Not only will you look great but you will also be bouncing off the walls with energy.
1. Eating times are essential. If you can get your body into a routine it will help to balance blood sugar levels and keep you on track with making smart choices. Eat within the first hour of waking and if you are serious about shedding some pounds for the summer, your last meal should not be later than 7.30pm.
2. Snacks are the best way to keep blood sugar levels stable. If you’re a busy person, keep a small container of almonds in your handbag to snack on between meals.
3. Try not to drink water while eating. The water will dilute your gastric juices and slow down the metabolic process.
4. Not only should you totally avoid sugar but steer clear of refined carbs too. An easy way to work out what that means is to stay away from any white carbs. Opt for whole-wheat pasta and multigrain brown bread.
5. The most successful weight loss stories are from people who plan. Planning your meals throughout the day is the easiest way to keep yourself on track. If it’s not on the plan, it’s not allowed.
6. Start your day with a boost of energy. Make sure you go to bed at least half an hour earlier than you normally would so that you can wake up a little earlier and go for a quick 20 minute run or power walk. Starting the day with this burst of exercise will kickstart your metabolism. Be aware that this will probably heighten your hunger too though so remember to make clever choices.
7. Set small daily goals for yourself and create a personal exercise calendar that tracks them – such as using the stairs instead of the lift or getting off your bus a stop or two early. At the end of the month, evaluate it and you will be pleasantly surprised by the extra calories banished.
8. Don’t weigh yourself. The best way to see your results is by taking your measurements and gauging how you feel. Scales are a girl’s worst enemy when it comes to weight loss.
9. Take care of your skin. A lot more skin is on show during the summer months so make sure you are exfoliating your entire body and moisturising well. SPF's aren't just for your face; sun spots can plague your chest and arms too.
10. As scary as it may seem, take a 'before' picture. You will be so grateful you did when you look back to see your progress.
11. Going teetotal for a few weeks will not only help you shed pounds through ditching the hidden sugar in our favourite alcoholic tipples but it will also help you to glow and radiate health.
12. The simple fact of the matter is that your body is made in the kitchen and perfected in the gym so make sure you are wise with portion control and passionate about your workout.
Here is a five-minute workout comprising five exercises you can do while waiting for the kettle to boil, during the ad breaks on TV or while you run your bath. If you do this twice a day every day as your 'something extra' your body will respond quicker than you think.
Plank 60 sec
Mountain Climbers 60 sec
Knees up 60 sec
Burpees 60 sec
Star jumps 60 sec
For further information visit www.sapphirepink.co.uk. To book a consultation call 0207 381 6464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org