Where to start with your calligraphy wedding stationery
05 Oct 2017
The experts at South West stationer Anon Design Studio showcase the beauty of calligraphy wedding stationery
There is nothing more beautiful than a hand lettered envelope, invitation or place setting – a perfect little keepsake for your wedding day. The wow factor of receiving a handwritten invite is next to none, especially when they have been created with the most beautiful inks, on handmade papers and have the perfect finishing touches from hand-dyed silk to gold leaf and personalised wax seals. With the added benefit that each design is totally unique to you.
Here are a few things worth considering when looking into purchasing calligraphy stationery for your wedding:
- Do you want each and every invite lettered by hand, or for a design to be created using calligraphy, then digitised and duplicated in print?
- Would you like any additional illustrations or monogram designs on your stationery?
- What luxury finishes do you require - wax seals, gold leaf, silk ribbon etc?
- What type of card stock would you like the invitations on?
What can you add calligraphy to?
Calligraphy is so versatile and done correctly can make your stationery truly memorable, here are a few things you might like to consider using calligraphy on, aside from your invitation suite:-
- Place settings - on card, handmade paper, agate, shells, leaves or even fruit
- Envelope addressing
- Custom vows design
- Table numbers
- Signage - perhaps on wood or acrylic for something truly unique
- Hand lettered prints and quotes
Finally onto budget...
To optimise the luxury of hand calligraphy you will have to consider the cost for such work. When you make your enquiry your stationer will be taking into account how long they will need to take creating your bespoke order, what paper stock you would like it written or printed onto and also if you require any embellishments. While not for every budget, if you decide to take this route, you will know that you will have something truly unique created just for you.
Lyndsey and Erica of Anon Design Studio will be featuring at Bride: The Wedding Show at Westpoint Arena in Exeter on stand 421 from October 7-8. For tickets and for further information about the event, visit bridetheweddingshow.co.uk.