What lies beneath
22 Mar 2013
What lies beneath
Tips for choosing the perfect bridal lingerie, once your foundations are perfect the dress of your dreams may just fit that bit better.
You’ve probably thought long and hard about your dream wedding dress, but what you wear underneath is just as important. As soon as you start thinking about the style of dress you want, it’s time to think about what to wear underneath. Begin by getting measured and when you know your bra size, try on different shapes and styles of lingerie to get the look you want.
Slinky dresses need plain seamless underwear whereas you can get more racy and lacy if the dress has an embroidered bodice or high neckline. Wear it to all your dress fittings to make sure the dress fits perfectly over it.
Here are our style tips so you look as lovely as possible on the big day
• For a beautifully smooth silhouette wear a moulded strapless bra with control briefs.
• A basque ensures a sleek silhouette, making you feel confident and secure in a strapless gown.
• A smooth strapless bra gives a lovely natural shape and excellent support under a whole range of wedding dress styles, including halter necks.
• A body can give a perfect seamless look under close fitting gowns in delicate fabrics.
• If your dress has a sweetheart neckline try a balconette bra as it is cut slightly lower in the cup and gives a flattering décolletage.
• Don’t just concentrate on how you look from the front – while saying your vows you’ll have your back to your friends and family so it’s not a good moment for VPL!
• A suspender belt is always pretty and romantic, but remember to ask your bridesmaid to carry a spare pair of stockings for any ‘ladder emergencies’.
Thanks to UK based retailer Leia Lingerie for these tips. As well as on online boutique, www.leialingerie.com, they have three specialist boutiques in Bluewater, Cardiff and York.
For some great examples of lingerie perfect for your dream day, click on our online gallery.
Fauve, Freya, Fantasie and Elomi can also be found in a number of local boutiques, see their websites for local stockists.