7 questions to ask wedding suppliers
26 Jun 2012
Your wedding is the most important event in your life. To make sure your wedding plans stay on track, you’ll want to source the best suppliers for the job. Researching wedding suppliers is almost like selecting a candidate after a job interview. It’s worth remembering that they are experts in their field – so should be able to answer any questions you put their way.
To help you keep your feet on the ground and stay focussed, we have put together a list of questions to get you started;
1) ‘Are you available on my wedding date?’ – Make sure they are free on your wedding date. Unless their company is big enough to cater for multiple weddings on the same day, there is no point considering them if they are simply not available.
2) ‘What makes you an expert in this field?’ – This is a great opportunity to find out how long they have been established and how much experience they have. It’s also a sure fire way to see how passionate they are with what they offer as this will highly likely translate into a creative and high energy approach which only means a better service for you!
3) ‘What is the trend in your industry?’ – This is the time you get to know more from the ‘insider’. You may already have great ideas about what you want, but they may be able to share new wedding ideas with you. EG: Like what is current and on-trend or whether having a chocolate fountain is still the in-thing today.
4) ‘What different packages do you offer?’ – It’s a great idea to understand what is included in each offer, and whether you can remove items, or swap them from other packages. So that you can compare wedding suppliers/costs, ensure you give the same information to each supplier when requesting quotations.
5) ‘Do you offer discounts?’ – Some wedding suppliers offer discounts when there is flexibility on dates. For example you may find a cheaper venue offer on a bank holiday Sunday than a normal Saturday. As always, if you don’t ask, you don’t get – so it’s always worth trying to haggle on price where you can.
6) ‘Do you have liability insurance?’ - In addition to having your own wedding insurance, it’s worth understanding what cover a wedding supplier has to protect you in case of any issues on your wedding day. Also, making sure they meet all legal requirements to operate their business will give you additional peace of mind.
7) ‘Have you ever had things go wrong and how do you handle it?’ – The unexpected should always be expected – and understanding how a wedding supplier has dealt with unforeseen circumstances should demonstrate their professionalism. It’s also a good chance to listen to their stories and learn from mistakes made by others!
Now that you are prepared, we would like to invite all engaged couple in the London area to attend a cocktail & canapés reception hosted by MyOK! Wedding on Tuesday 17th July from 6pm – 9pm, at The Grange Hotel., St Pauls, London. If you come down, you’ll be able to meet and mingle with plenty of wedding suppliers (and test these questions!) to help plan your perfect day. We will also be attending – and will be on-hand should you need any help. Spaces are limited, so to register your attendance to this FREE event – please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us: @WeddingSiteUK