Wedding recipe: Sautéed Scallops with Fresh Asparagus
18 Jul 2018
For a fresh and delicious summertime starter, take a look at this wedding recipe from the Royal China Fulham
The summer months are the perfect time to eat light and healthy dishes and summer weddings are no exception – with asparagus and scallops being two top favourite ingredients.
Sautéed Scallops with Fresh Asparagus is one of Royal China Fulham’s most popular dishes at this time of year and here, head chef Vincent Chen shares his secret recipe that takes only minutes to prepare, is low in calories and comes packed full of flavour.
- 8 fresh scallops
- Asparagus – 8 stalks sliced into 4 pieces each
- Carrot – 1 medium sized, chopped into an elegant design
- Baby mushrooms – 2 quartered
- Garlic – 1 clove finely chopped
- Salt, sugar and white pepper – a small pinch of each
- Heat the olive oil in a wok
- Sautée the garlic until soft and golden
- Add the scallops and fry for one minute on each side
- Place the asparagus and carrot in the wok and continue to stir-fry for 30 seconds
- Add salt, sugar and white pepper to taste
- Display on individual plates and serve
Click here for more >> wedding catering inspiration.