Creative Aisle Décor Inspiration
07 Mar 2013
Hello Everyone, It’s lovely to be back gracing the pages of WeddingSite again!
Here at Pocketful of Dreams, we are big fans of aisle décor; if you are having a civil ceremony it is a great way to add a sense of occasion to proceedings. And as wedding designers and stylists, we love the opportunity aisle décor presents to add a little extra personality and fun into your wedding day. Today therefore we thought we would bring you our top ideas for creatively styling your aisle…
• Paper is a great option for adding some creative flair to your aisle - opt for tiny accents or dramatic statements in a range of styles, sizes and colours. Just remember, these decor items are strictly for indoor weddings or dry days!
• Paper rosettes, pom poms or pinwheels would all look fabulous at a whimsical affair and can either be placed on the floor to line your aisle or hung on chair ends.
• Create stylish aisle boundaries with paper garlands or paper chains hung from chairs at the end of each row; paper is a great DIY option as something as simple to make as paper chains can look incredibly effective.
• Simple but undeniably stylish, why not line your aisle with rolls of crepe paper? Cost effective and quick and easy to set up…it has to be a winner!
• Alternatively, cut out shapes such as hearts or stars in card and roughly position them onto the floor. For smaller shapes, look to paint sample cards available from DIY stores to create a fabulous ombre effect or why not add some glitter to your card shapes for a bit of sparkle?
• If your personal aesthetic leans more to the quirky and eclectic then really let your imagination run wild: you could create huge paper flowers to line your aisle, bring the outdoors in by laying a grass aisle or how about carving or commissioning a bespoke sign to hang over the entrance to your aisle?
• Huge Geronimo Balloons would help create a true wow facor aisle! Just make sure the balloons are safely secured for an outdoor event and are high enough to avoid obscuring peoples’ views of you as you glide past.
• Or if you’re a girl with a love of sparkle, then you could always decorate your aisle with sparkly sequins or glitter – go for a random scattering to set the scene.
• And finally, why not experiment with chalk paint? A paper aisle runner would look fabulous decorated with your own messages, patterns or meaningful song lyrics.
If you’d like to talk about aisle décor in more detail or have a chat how we could help you with design, styling or delivery of your wedding then get in touch at Vicki@pocketfulofdreams.co.uk. We’d love to hear from you!
Vicki& Michelle Creative Event Designers, Pocketful of Dreams