Venue Fact File: Swarling Manor, Kent
09 Nov 2016
Be charmed by the stunning Swarling Manor in the Kent countryside
A beautiful oak beamed little barn set in the estate of an 18th century English country house, surrounded by three main picturesque Kentish gardens. There are photo opportunities galore at Swarling Manor, from the Walled Ceremony Garden, Jubilee Garden and colourful Rose Garden. Guests are welcome to explore and make use of all the grounds. With the little barn and Walled Garden both registered to hold ceremonies, this venue offers you the wedding of your dreams as there are both inside and outside options.
Facilities and services
At Swarling Manor, the team offers a personal service with a dedicated wedding co-ordinator available to the couple from the enquiry right through to post-honeymoon photo sharing. Swarling Manor also has:
- A permanent marquee, which can seat 140-160 and is illuminated with up lights and fairy lights
- Baby changing, breast feeding and disabled facilities
- Newly refurbished kitchen
- First anniversary picnic opportunity
- Overnight camping for weekend hire
Luxury and multiple gardens available for exclusive use on the day of your wedding.
Availability and prices
Availability for weddings every day of the week with late availability deals for winter 2016 and summer 2017. Out of season packages start from £6,500 mid week and £7,500 weekend. Season packages start from £9,000. Packages are set for 60 people with the option to add further guests and include:
- Venue hire for the day of your wedding.
- Two course meal with a varied and delightful menu to choose from
- Gold gilt banquet chairs and 5ft round tables and trestle tables
- Linen in choice of colours
- Cake stand and knife
- Indulging drinks package
- Exclusive use of all three gardens and open parkland
- Garden games
- Sweet jars and scoops
- Choice of two wooden easels to hold signs and gold framed mirror
- Licensed and fully stocked and served bar until 11:30pm (extendable by the hour)
Best spot for photographs
Many photographers like the open parkland or the front wheat fields. The venue’s favourite is the rose garden for couple shots and the gated walkway for a group confetti shot.
Team and catering
Gina is the full-time wedding planner and event co-ordinator for Swarling Events. In addition to a list of preferred caterers, the venue’s packages are catered for by Chives Catering.
Coach Cottage is a two bedroom, beamed self-catering cottage available for hire the night prior to the wedding and the night after, depending on availability. The cottage sleeps six with a sofa bed in the lounge, a bedroom with two single beds and a four-poster double bed with a stunning countryside view of the Kentish Downs.
“We wanted to say thank you so much for all your help on the day. Gina was brilliant and really helped make our day so special.” Jenny and Steve Musk
Maximum guest numbers
Ceremony - 150 (seated)
Reception - 350
See more on Swarling Manor in the Kent Venue Guide 2016/17.