Venue Fact File: Secret Garden, Kent
09 Nov 2016
For an enchanting and unforgettable wedding venue, explore the Secret Garden in Kent
The Secret Garden team is relaxed but highly organised, with couples feeling confident that the whole day is in perfect hands and that they can prepare completely stress free. The walled gardens, South facing terrace, converted Coach House and Victorian Glass House are all stunning and the venue offers a huge collection of chintzy china and props such as bunting, napkins, picture frames and a fancy dress box.
The Secret Garden offers five different areas for civil ceremonies: three outside and two inside. Facilities and services include:
- Wedding advice and knowledge and total management
- Exclusive use of the Coach House, Glass House, walled gardens and terrace with outside furniture
- Table decoration and room set-up
- Table linen,tablecloths and napkins. Extra tables if required
- Elegant Chiavari chairs
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses and table numbers
- Fruit boxes, china, bunting, lanterns and other props
- Silver cake stand and knife
- A fully licensed and well stocked bar.
- Games for the lawn
- Easels for table plans
- Sparkler send-off for the bride and groom
Walled gardens, beautifully cut flower borders, wild flower meadows, vegetable and fruit gardens, Victorian Glass House and Cobbled Kent Ragstone Courtyard.
Availability and prices
Availability is all year round and prices start from £67 per person for all inclusive packages, which include:
- One/two reception drinks per person
- Wedding breakfast menus, designed by the couples
- Tea and coffee
- Water for the tables
- Half a bottle of house wine per person
- A glass of prosecco for the toast
- Evening food
Best spot for photographs
The walled gardens.
Team and catering
Three wedding planners: Rachel Gilmore, Maria Newnham and Stephanie Wanstall. The venue has a team of five chefs and all food is made from scratch using local ingredients wherever possible.
Maximum guest numbers
Ceremony - 120
Reception - 120
Read more about Secret Garden in the Kent Venue Guide 2016/17