UK is top destination for British honeymooners
12 Jun 2017
The UK has won the hearts of British honeymooners, with research revealing that newlyweds in 2017 are seeking experiences on home soil instead of exotic long-haul destinations
In a recent study conducted by short break specialist, SuperBreak.com, two thirds of the 2,065 respondents surveyed said the UK's rugged coastline and rich history were appealing factors in deciding where to honeymoon.
Top criteria when searching for the perfect destination included high quality local bars and restaurants and good weather.
Interestingly, female and male respondents differed in their top honeymoon destination criteria choices, with a third of women saying that they would look for the ‘just married’ treatment and good views, whereas one in 10 men were more concerned about a location that would ‘wow’ their family and friends.
However, a wide range of activities and day trips was an important factor that they did agree on, as voted for by a third of respondents.
Take a look at the top nine honeymoon criteria below:
- Good weather (59 per cent)
- Good local restaurants and cuisine (59 per cent)
- The scenery and view from accommodation (56 per cent)
- Getting a good deal (44 per cent)
- Access to a wide range of activities in the area (31 per cent)
- Getting the ‘just married’ special honeymoon treatment (28 per cent)
- The privacy of a remote location (26 per cent)
- How popular and photogenic the destination is in photographs (10 per cent)
- Something with a ‘wow factor’ that will impress family and friends (9 per cent)