Travel Republic launches guide to best 2017 honeymoon destinations
24 Jan 2017
Online travel agent Travel Republic has released a guide featuring the 10 best honeymoon destinations for 2017
Based on year-on-year data from its customers, online travel agent Travel Republic has created a guide detailing the cultural dos and don’ts for the top 10 destinations of 2017.
The etiquette guide includes information, key phrases, tips on how to interact with the locals and interesting facts about the country's culture and history.
For example, did you know:
- In Greece, it is considered disrespectful to show the palm of your hand with your fingers extended, so, when you wave, your palm should face towards yourself
- In Thailand, you should only use a fork to push food onto a spoon
- In Morocco, when a man meets a woman for the first time he should bow his head in greeting
- In Cyprus, Turkish Cypriots may lower their eyes when they greet you – as this is seen as a sign of respect
- In Spain, most restaurants don’t open before 1.30pm for lunch and 9pm for dinner
Naomi Wilkinson, marketing director at Travel Republic, says: “We believe travelling is one of life’s great pleasures, and immersing yourself in different cultures can be incredibly rewarding. We hope our guide will inspire and help people get the most out of their experiences in some of the most popular destinations in 2017.”
Take a look at the Visitors' Guide at the Travel Republic website.