Top 5 cottages to stay for your honeymoon, hen or stag parties
23 Aug 2013
The UK is a wonderful country – filled with iconic places to go and see. It’s no wonder it’s a top tourist attraction – we simply have something for everyone. So – would you consider staying here for a honeymoon?
This is part two of WeddingSite’s review of the best places to visit, stay and enjoy in our quest to find top locations for the perfect honeymoon, hen or stag party. To remind you, three members of the WeddingSite team, have taken up the challenge to pick our favourite places. And – as we are slightly competitive, we’ll want you to vote on your favourites!
Today’s blog looks at the beauty that is Suffolk, the county that houses the smallest pub in the UK (aptly named ‘Nutshell’), which has a capacity of 15 people!
Below are the top 5 cottages to stay at, courtesy of James Holding (our Business Operations Manager). When I briefed him to find me venues that suited honeymoons, hen or stag parties – this is what he came up with!
1) Perfect for a honeymoon – and your pets > I have handpicked Willow Farm in Eastbridge for 2 core reasons. One is the fact that it’s pet friendly. So if you and your spouse wouldn’t dream of leaving your pet(s) at home (Think Marley & Me), then this place is for you. With ample outdoor space, and plenty of walking trails near by, it’s perfect for any four legged friends. My second reason is the low beams the property offers. I am a big fan of rural living, and the character this house displays would look great in some honeymoon photography!
2) Perfect for a honeymoon for the cost conscience > As I have been browsing through cottages, I have found that all of them have character (and not just the one I found in point 1 above). I have selected Cressland cottage in Kersey as my pick for those looking to save a bit of money, but not compromise on quality. The grand rooms actually look like honeymoon suite’s too, and whilst the house can sleep 7, having the whole place to yourselves wouldn’t go amiss. It’s a grade 2 listed building, so has many original features, such as a large open fire… I personally think that lends itself to a romantic evening in.
3) Perfect for a luxury hen-party > Cottages aren’t all old fashioned, and sometimes, a little bit of modern living is quite appealing. I have selected Flixton View as my choice for a good hen-party. With short term lets available, and games room (that houses a pool table and SKY access), it’s a good choice for a group of girls. I am particularly impressed with the ultra modern kitchen – and the furniture, which includes some funky chez loungers! There is also a walk in wardrobe - what girl wouldn’t love that?! _[GR:I am particularly interested in what you ladies think of this choice – so please leave a comment below to tell me if you think James picked well!]
4) Perfect for a small family honeymoon > As a child, I was forever outdoors with my siblings – so my pick for a honeymoon cottage where you took your children would be The Dove Granary based in Bawdsey. The outdoor space I think would single-handedly make this property first choice! There is also a swimming pool in a closed off space, which would also provide entertainment!
5) Perfect for a stag-do > Coincidently, I am actually planning a stag-do for early next year. So when I looked for a place that slept 10+ people, had impressive décor (+ high ceilings) and was just a little bit quirky, The Old Stables in Dedham won hands down. It also has a children’s play room – which might not appeal to stags – but, hey – someone might find it of interest!
So what do you think of James’ choices? Let me know if he has chosen well!
Until next time…
Chief Wedding Consultant Follow us: @WeddingSiteUK