Top useful tips for brides-to-be
05 Aug 2014
A useful piece of advice for the bride-to-be when choosing her venue: Go with your gut feeling – don’t look at too many venues – just follow your heart!
5 tips on what to ask when looking at venues:
1. What is the flow of the day?
2. How many weddings can be held on any one day?
3. Where are the grounds in relation to the rooms being used for the Wedding? Are there any inside photo opportunities – important with British weather!
4. Room Capacities and how many bedrooms are held?
5. Who does the set up? Can confetti be thrown?
5 tips how to choose the perfect venue:
1. Go on rainy day! If it is still beautiful then you know it’s the one!
2. Attend the any venue Weddng Fayres or open days
3. Bring the family! Nice to have other ideas and inputs
4. How easy for your guests to access venue?
5. Look at different venue types – e.g barns/marquees/manor house
5 tips on choosing your catering
1. Does the venue offer inhouse catering
2.Ask if the venue offers a menu tasting
3. What dietary requirements do the guests have?
4. Are the dishes seasonal?
5. Will the dishes suit all guests
5 tips on why use recommended suppliers
1. They know the venue inside out and know what will work
2. May get discounted rates through the venue suppliers
3. Most will attend Wedding Fayres and you can discuss requirements
4. Book your suppliers at Weddng Fayres as they usually have great offers running on the day.
5. They know the staff at the venue and can liase direct
5 tips on how to theme your wedding.
1. What are your favourite colours to incorporate
2.Use both Bride and Groom ideas in some way
3. Any shared passions and interest to use for theming
4. Any shared flowers that have meaning
5.Will you love it in years to come when you look back on your photos