Top 10 bridal hair trends for 2016
09 Mar 2016
Getting married this year and looking for bridal hair inspiration? Gemma Hensman, director at Hensmans Salons in Northampton and Milton Keynes, reveals the top 10 hair trends for brides in 2016.
While fashion does play a key part in what we decide for the biggest day of our lives, it's important to stay true to your own personal sense of style and put time into planning your wedding hair theme.
Here are the top trends for 2016
1. Movement; we will see lots of ethereal waves with soft movement for those that like a soft, natural look.
2. Plaits and braids featured quite highly on the bridal runways; working charmingly with a country or boho style wedding.
3. A low textured bun works very well for brides who seek an aura of elegance and there are a number of different ways to work this to fit with your personal style.
4. Brides often opt to go lighter on their wedding day so an option is to go for 2016's hot new colouring technique of contouring around the face. This technique is bespoke to each bride and works beautifully by highlighting around the front to frame the face and then adding slightly darker hues towards the back and underneath for depth and subtle contrast.
5. Curling creates a great texture to work with for a wedding day. Your chosen look needs to look great all day so it needs to have a good structure, this is where the curl works well. Soft bouncy curls are big business this year.
6. We have seen an increase in flowers added to the hair recently and that's set to continue for 2016. It can really add an amazing personal finishing touch to your look.
7. Jewelled accessories – huge on the catwalk this Fashion Week, accessories are a great addition to enhance a simple sophisticated style to give it more of a red carpet look.
8. Multi-textured looks; braids and finger waves or two different style braids incorporated within your look. Bringing two styles together gives a much more intricate and interesting look.
9. Sleek buns. While texture still plays a key part within wedding hair it doesn't suit everyone, so smooth it all out for a chic style.
10. Pin curls can be used to create different hair-up shapes, delivering a more structured up-do.