Three ways to wear your nails on your wedding day
05 Sep 2016
Discover your perfect bridal nail colour with celebrity nail expert, Roxanne Campbell
Tying your whole look together, wedding make-up, hair and nails must be given some careful thought prior to your big day. Nail expert Roxanne Campbell offers three ways to wear your nails, as well as trends and tips to ensure you have considered all the options.
For those who like the more traditional look, then it has to be translucent pink which looks clean and elegant. Understated perfection.
For those who want a natural skin tone colour that covers their nails, a nude shade does just the job.
3. Vintage Twist
Brides are becoming more daring on their wedding days now and red is definitely amongst one of the top picks for modern bridal nails. Pillar-box red is the vintage nail of choice.
Tips and trends for bridal nails:
1. The on trend shapes are Almond and Sharp Stilhetto. If you want to go for something more classic and natural, square-round is a wonderful shape especially if you have long nail beds.
2. Try out a few different nail polishes in the run up to the wedding to ensure you are happy with the chosen colour.
3. Make sure your chosen polish will complement your bouquet and colour scheme.
4. Have your nails done the day before the wedding so they have dried fully, but allows for last minute touch-ups on the day.
5. Use a good top coat to prevent chipping.
6. Finally, remember you'll have to wear the same colour throughout your honeymoon too, so choose wisely.