The shortest celebrity marriages uncovered
16 Feb 2017
Discover the shortest celebrity marriages and exactly how much their short-lived union cost them per day
Online local services marketplace, Bidvine.com, has revealed the 10 shortest celebrity marriages and how much the marriage cost per day based on the wedding cost.
The length of marriages range from Zsa Zsa Gabor’s one-day wed to Felipe de Alba, to Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock’s 182-day marriage. On average, the top 10 now-divorced couples spent just 74.3 days with their partners.
Where particular wedding costs are unknown, Bidvine.com has enlisted the help of an experienced team of wedding suppliers to estimate the final figures.
The top 10 shortest celebrity marriages ever are:
- Zsa Zsa Gabor and Felipe De Alba: Married for one day, costing £30,000
- Britney Spears and Jason Alexander: Married for two days, costing £335 per day
- Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds: Married for 14 days, costing £28,575 per day
- Ali Landry and Mario Lopez: Married for 14 days, costing £8,571 per day
- Chris Kattan and Sunshine Tutt: Married for 59 days, costing £8,474 per day
- Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries: Married for 72 days, costing £109,722 per day
- Nicky Hilton and Todd Andrew Meister: Married for 85 days, costing £5.80 per day
- Ethel Merman and Ernest Borgnine: Married for 144 days, costing £138.89 per day
- Pamela Anderson and Rick Salomon: Married for 170 days, costing £752.90 per day
- Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock: Married for 182 days, costing £440 per day
In response to the findings, Bidvine.com has created an online calculator that allows members of the public to calculate how much each day of their marriage has cost them, based on their original wedding budget. Try it out for yourself on Bidvine.com.
Russ Morgan, co-founder ofBidvine.com, said, “After seeing Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s split at the tail end of last year we started thinking about celebrity weddings and the infamous 'Hollywood curse'. We know marriages can be hard and with celebrities lives constantly being in the public eye things can be even harder. The above costs might not be as high as you’d expect for a celebrity marriage, but many eloped to Vegas, which of course is not that pricey."