The most popular places to find love
19 Aug 2014
A total of 5,000 people across the UK were asked numerous questions regarding their relationships and what happened on their wedding night.
Hen and stag do specialist Chillisauce.co.uk have just finished their Annual Wedding Survey 2014.
Results showed that the most popular places to meet 'the one' were:
- 25% at weddings, (with 60% catching eyes with their future partner in the first 10 minutes of the wedding ceremony.)
- 18% met their partner online,
- 16% of couples met at work,
-13% in a pub/club
- 13% blind date/through a mutual friend,
- 6% on tube/bus - public transport
- 5% met at the gym (most popular class was Yoga)
The results also showed that out of the 18% of people that met online, 45% found their partner on websites and apps such as Tinder and Happn, a futher 30% of participants admitted to using social media in aid of finding the 'right one.' With Twitter, Facebook and increasingly Linkedin and Google+ playing a major help in selecting the right partner.
Other findings concluded that July was voted the most popular month to marry, closely followed by August, and the most popular day of the year to pop the question is Christmas Eve.
Further results showed that surprisingly, 67% of married couples did not have sex on their wedding night, and instead the most unusual and popular activities included:
- Playing a board game (Scrabble)
- Local pub,
- Midnight swimming
For the full survey results, including pictures, videos of public reactions and expert relationship advice please click here: