The 10 commandments of getting engaged
22 Jul 2016
Who says getting engaged changes you? See how many of the 10 commandments you can tick off your checklist
1. Thou shalt share an engagement selfie to Facebook
Whether your partner’s in it or not, who cares?! You got the rock.
2. Thou shalt tell everyone the proposal story… for the 97th time
You’re not tired of hearing about it, so why should others be?
3. Thou shalt show off thy sparkler at every given opportunity
I’ll just casually place my hand here...
4. Thou shalt buy all the wedding magazines in WH Smiths and read each intently
Because a bride-to-be can never have too much inspiration.
5. Thou shalt accept one final Beyonce 'Single Ladies' dance
But this time, you can flash your diamond.
6. Thou shalt work through the night to finalise DIY wedding projects
Perfection is the recipe to success.
7. Thou shalt decline a night out with friends in favour of Pinterest
There are just too many unseen pins and not enough hours in the day.
8. Thou shalt not be ashamed to think (and say) “It’s all about me”
The one chance to be selfish and spoilt – grab it!
9. Thou shalt quaff more champagne than ever before
A reason to celebrate at every hour of the day.
10. Thou shalt wear thy wedding dress before the big day