Sunday is the new Saturday
19 Mar 2015
Sunday is the new Saturday
£9,000 Exclusive Wedding package at Combermere Abbey
Saturday is the most popular day to marry* but this wasn’t always the case. Sunday used to be the day, as it was the only day on which many folk were not obliged to work. Couples would literally get married wearing their ‘Sunday best’. How times have changed…modern life offers so much more flexibility, as do our wardrobes.
Combermere Abbey is excited to introduce Sundays to their Exclusive wedding package, which was previously available Monday to Thursday. Extremely well priced at just £9,000, the package enables couples to marry in one of Cheshire’s historic landmarks and like each wedding here, have exclusive use of the venue as well. And the savings are a handy sum towards a house deposit, exotic honeymoon or simply save for a rainy day.
Nothing is compromised, aside from the day of the week - the beauty and allure of historic Combermere Abbey attracts couples from near and far every day of the week, seeking somewhere unique, exclusive and unquestionably romantic to tie the knot. Marry with the views of the world’s only fruit tree maze, beautiful during any season of the year. The lovingly restored Walled Gardens offer brides a chance to integrate current botanical trends into their theme, and to choose if they would like to tie the knot inside or outside. The natural elegance of the venue can be transformed by you and your chosen florist, or wedding stylist to create a magical environment for your wedding day and evening celebrations.
Make it a real occasion surrounded by family and friends and book them into the luxury self-catering accommodation, just a stone’s throw from the Glasshouse.**
The Exclusive Wedding package is based on 60 guests and includes:
* Use of The Glasshouse – a unique Victorian glasshouse with 180 degree views of the fruit tree maze, for a ceremony accommodating all your guests.
* The Pavilion – a stylish, marquee-style building within the walled gardens, with its contemporary designed bar (run by Gorilla Events), exquisite lighting and white dance floor. Dining for all your guests.
* Use of The Victorian Walled Gardens, a beautiful space in which to entertain, drink, have fun and take photographs.
* Drinks reception allowing two drinks per person, sparkling wine for ladies and bottled beer for the gents and seasonal canapés
* Three-course wedding breakfast – with seasonal delicious menus, from one of our two preferred caterers, plus ½ bottle house wine per person plus a glass of bubbly for the toast.
* ‘Stone Lodge’; a secluded gatehouse hideaway on the estate, perfectly situated to enjoy privacy and awake to the sound of birdsong.
* Includes breakfast hamper crammed with local farm produce, including goodies from the estate, as well as a surprise gift for you.
* Combermere’s very own 1927 Crossley Classic Motor Car, manufactured by the Abbey’s current owner’s Great Grandfather, Sir Kenneth Crossley. Car may be used within the grounds of the Estate and during your reception as a background for photographs.
Also included are silk floral arrangements in The Glasshouse, chairs, tables, cloakroom and kitchen facilities, music system and car parking, as well as a dedicated front of house manager on the day of your wedding.
Additional guest numbers can be accommodated, please refer to the website or talk to the sales office.
The offer is valid until December 30, 2015 and offered subject to availability.
**Luxury guest self-catering style accommodation is available within our nine award winning cottages for up to 49 guests, extra charges apply. We offer one or two night packages.
*based upon theweddingsecret.co.uk report during 2013, using ONS data for England and Wales based on facts from 2011 - 57.5% of bridal couples married on a Saturday and 19% on a Friday, leaving the remaining 23.5% of couples the chance to book our fabulous value Exclusive Use package
We can help you plan your wedding. Sign up to our Wedding Planner here!