South Farm launches The Horse Barn
20 Jun 2016
Specialist wedding venue South Farm in Royston, Hertfordshire, has launched The Horse Barn
Following extensive conversion, South Farm has introduced a new high specification venue space for weddings and events, named The Horse Barn.
Originally home to eight shire horses that worked the farm, The Horse Barn runs adjacent to the Tudor Barn and can be used for a variety of purposes - including a designated dancing and evening celebration room, comfortable lounge space or new breakfast room with a capacity of 40 guests. The space also allows an early set-up opportunity for evening musicians, bands and DJs.
The new venue space is the result of an extensive restoration project affecting the entire venue. This has served to transform The Horse Barn in the following ways:
- The 200-year-old cobbled stable floor has been restored to its original condition and is dramatically down-lit
- A designer dance floor of transparent non-slip glass has been installed
- Original beams and timbers have been preserved throughout
- Original mangers for the horses line the two sides and have been restored, down-lit and topped with frosted glass
- The great beamed gable separating the Horse Barn and Tudor Barn has been imaginatively glazed to create a dramatic window between the two spaces, revealed at the touch of a button
- Leading edge lighting designers have installed a versatile matrix to suit every mood and occasion
Additional installations include:
- Spacious ultra-luxurious male and female lavatories with plush seating and mood lighting
- Fully compliant, easy access disabled facility doubling as a bridal bathroom
- Deluxe dedicated bathrooms for Romany caravan guests
- Additional bathroom for guests camping
- Improved accessibility to venue facilities from Tudor Barn
- Space heating and under floor heating coupled with air-conditioning
Take a look at the picture gallery above.