20 Feb 2014
Celebrate your wedding in eco-chic style with Shropshire Petals
As the wedding season is fast approaching eco-friendly and green weddings are expected to be very popular again this year, as more and more couples are realising the importance of green issues and the environment.
Having an eco-friendly wedding can be incredibly satisfying and rewarding – the perfect way to add a couple’s own unique spin on their wedding day. However, finding eco-products for every aspect of a wedding can be a difficult task; Shropshire Petals can help to make this a little easier.
The throwing of confetti is one of the most traditional parts of a wedding day, however many venues and churches don’t allow it as in previous years, paper and synthetic types were most commonly used. This is a thing of the past thanks to natural petal confetti. Natural petal confetti is 100% eco-friendly, bio-degradable and is just like blossom from a tree.
Shropshire Petals grow and produce natural petal confetti on their Shropshire farm where they have fields and fields of delphiniums, which are grown using farming practice that’s kinder to the countryside. Every petal is delicately hand picked to minimise bruising and naturally dried to ensure they keep their colour beautifully.
Select your ideal confetti mix using the online pick and mix tool, choosing from a variety of colours and natural petals. If you are unsure of how much you will need on your special day, the new confetti calculator is on hand to calculate how much you will need according to what you want to use it for – throwing, decorating, placing in flower girl baskets or even creating a beautiful petal path.
Whether you are having a fully eco-wedding or just a few eco-friendly aspects, having guests shower you with natural petal confetti will ensure you celebrate your marriage in eco-chic style!
Remember your special confetti moment by having your photographer capture it. Here are some tips on how to get the ‘wow’ factor confetti shot:
• Colour co-ordinate confetti with your wedding theme or bridesmaids dresses or for a more subtle confetti shot ivory confetti works wonderfully to add a delicate flutter.
• Have enough for each of your guests to throw a big handful, the more confetti thrown, the better the shot will be.
• Discuss the location with your photographer before your wedding day; they will be able to decide where to take the confetti shot according to the light and setting.
• For a full confetti shot ask your guests to stand close and throw confetti high to create the perfect flutter.
• Ask your photographer to take the shot from a ladder to get high up to ensure the shot captures all your guests throwing confetti.
• Relax and enjoy the confetti moment!
• Remember confetti is not just for your wedding day, place romantic petals in a hot bath to share with your loved one on your anniversary to remember the confetti moment each year.
Shropshire Petals is offering you a fantastic 10% discount on their website at www.shropshirepetals.com/discount
For more information and confetti inspiration, please visit