#LetGo with Sanctuary Spa and Stop Stressing About Being the Perfect Woman
26 Aug 2015
Sanctuary Spa have recently commissioned research and discovered that women today are feeling enormous pressure in every aspect of life. As women, we are trying to keep up with this ideal that we ourselves adopt - to be perfect at absolutely everything we do.
As an iconic female British brand Sanctuary Spa want to challenge the perception that success equates to busyness, leaning-in and being a superwoman. To them, success and wellbeing lie in stepping back every now and again, appreciating those moments and learning to #LETGO
Sanctuary Spa research has found that:
1. Almost half of all are feeling 'moderator extremely' stressed at the moment (around 15 million women)
2. Four in 10 women (over 12 million) feel they are about to burn out
3. Six in 10 women believe they aren't getting enough time out for themselves
4. 80 per cent of British women don’t feel good enough
5. 1/3 of women (nearly 10 million) don’t think they have the work/life balance right
6. Four in five of women say they put too much pressure on themselves to be perfect even though they accomplish an average of 26 tasks a day
7. 88 per cent of women believe that brands put too much pressure on them to be the perfect woman
Working alongside expert life strategist Jenni Trent-Hughes, together with Sanctuary Spa, has identified that, "in the twenty-first century, we have become overly attached to our busyness; busy and stressed have somehow become inextricably linked with success. In order to be successful we need to #LetGo of these antiquated attitudes. Think of it as carrying a wagon, behind you. The more that is in the wagon the harder it is to pull, the more tired you will be and the less distance you will cover."
Time to take action and learn to #LetGo
Three Easy Ways to #LetGo
1. Say what you are grateful for every morning first thing in the morning. Do this before you say a word to anyone and start planning your day, ask yourself `what am I grateful for?’ and whatever it is, then say `thank you’. It doesn’t need to be anything complicated, it could simply be `my family’, `my lovely soft skin’ or `that the dog didn’t chew my new shoes’.
2. TOT (Turn off Time)
Turn off your phone and or tablet for 30 minutes per day. You can divide the time if you’d like, but nothing smaller than 10 minutes each time and it must be off (not on silent). Perhaps choose this for your commute home, when you’re preparing the evening meal or when you’re soaking in the bath.
Use your commute time as 'you' time: read a frivolous book, look at holiday brochures, meitate. Do NOT plan your next work day. Do NOT worry about the kids’ homework. Do NOT read celebrity gossip stories and worry why you’re not managing like Gwynnie.
3. Add Sanctuary Spa Luxury Bath Float £10 to your bath. Create a cloud of nourishing bubbles and a sensuous oriental fragrance which will help your mind to turn off. Containing moisturising Baobab and Vitamin E, skin will feel soft and hydrated after soaking in a warm bath filled with Luxury Bath Float.