Steal Olivia Palermo's Wedding Dress Style
09 Jul 2015
She's a style icon the world over, so when Olivia Palermo became a bride - marrying model Johannes Huebl in a private civil ceremony in Before, New York - the fashion world waited on tenterhooks to see what she would wear. And in a style true to her bohemian look, she chose a two-piece bridal look that's influenced brides since.
She chose a Carolina Herrera cashmere sweater with a sheer skirt, worn over a pair of tailored shorts - yes, shorts! She also wore Sex in the City famous blue Manolo Blahnik heeled pumps, earrings by Alexandra Mor, and a simple bracelet she bought in India.
Her makeup and accessories were minimal, her ponytail messy, but the over-all look was divine. So here's how you can steal Olivia Palermo's wedding day style.
Steal Olivia's Style
If you're a laid-back bride, in search of a summer seperates bridal look, here are some perfect-for-the-moment pieces that will help you on your way to stealing Olivia Palermo's bridal style.
Olivia's earrings by Alexandra Mor, and a simple bracelet she bought in India, were very understated - they could have been heirlooms, even.
1. Recreate the simple look with this Magic Bangle in white gold with brilliant cut diamonds, £4,100, by Georg Jensen.
2. Adorn your ears with these Infinity earrings in sterling silver with brilliant cut diamonds, £950, by Georg Jensen.
The seperates, waisted skirt
A stand-out feature of Olivia's look is the seperates she's chosen over the traditional wedding dress.
3. This David’s Bridal ivory organza skirt mimics the varied height and fluffy aesthetic of Olivia's look, £1,095.
The Sex and the City shoes
Like the real-life Carrie that she is, Olivia chose shoes in the same colour as the on-screen star.
4. These Ada blue suede shoes by Chelsea Paris get the colour spot-on, £420.
5. If it's courts you're after, try these Ava baby blue shoe by Chelsea Paris instead.
The cashmere sweater
Finish the look with a casual sweater, but go subtle lux with cashmere.
6. This cashmere crew neck sweater by Jaeger is the perfect mixture of understated luxury, £175.