Most popular 2020 wedding songs revealed
13 Jan 2020
From Disney to Adele, here are the most popular wedding songs predicted for 2020
A poll by event specialists Chillisauce has revealed the most popular wedding songs for the ceremony and reception.
‘A Thousand Years’ by Christina Perri was found to be the top ceremony song, and ‘Perfect’ by Ed Sheeran topped the list of reception first dance songs.
Couples were asked what they chose as their ceremony song with which to walk down the aisle and here are the 10 most popular choices:
- A Thousand Years, by Christina Perri – 13%
- Thinking Out Loud, by Ed Sheeran – 11%
- Here Comes The Sun, by The Beatles – 9%
- Your Song, by Ellie Goulding – 9%
- Marry You, by Bruno Mars – 8%
- Tale as Old as Time, from Beauty and the Beast – 6%
- I’m Kissing You, by Des’ree – 6%
- Iris, by The Goo Goo Dolls – 4%
- Shallow, by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper – 3%
- Songbird, by Fleetwood Mac – 2%
Here are the top 10 most popular first dance songs:
- Perfect, by Ed Sheeran –14%
- Rewrite The Stars, by Zac Efron and Zendaya – 12%
- All of You, by John Legend – 8%
- Thinking Out Loud, by Ed Sheeran – 6%
- Your Song, by Elton John – 6%
- Shallow, by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper – 5%
- Chasing Cars, by Snow Patrol – 4%
- Marry You, by Bruno Mars – 3%
- Make You Feel My Love, by Adele – 3%
- At Last, by Etta James – 2%
The survey also showed that two-fifths of couples (40%) admitted to taking dance lessons in preparation for their first dance, and a further one in 15 (7%) planned a flash mob with family members or friends.
Chillisauce polled more than 5,000 recently married UK respondents over the age of 18 to determine the top wedding choices in 2019.