10 May 2013
MarryAbroad list their Top five Overseas Summer Wedding Destinations, for guaranteed sunshine, in a unique setting
1) LEOPARD HILLS PRIVATE GAME RESERVE, SOUTH AFRICA For couples with a wild streak, the Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve in South Africa offers bespoke weddings, overlooking a natural waterhole. The resort is located in the western sector of the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, on the western border of the Kruger National Park, in South Africa’s Mpumalanga Province. The Sabi Sands has an enviable reputation for leopard sightings and game viewing opportunities. Therefore the happy couple and guests can get up close to an abundance of Africa’s wildlife including, large predators and mammals iconic of African safaris – lion, hyena, elephant, rhino, buffalo, giraffe and zebra. Leopard Hills can be booked through Intriguing Africa on Marry Abroad’s South Africa page, www.marryabroad.co.uk/get-married-in-south-africa.shtml
Go check out the destination first this summer – return flights to nearest airport Johannesburg from London, start from just £814 this August 2013 on travel search site momondo.co.uk.
2) SCHWEITZER MOUNTAIN NEAR SANDPOINT IDAHO This resort in Idaho hosts weddings on top of a mountain, during the summer months. All guests in the wedding party ride a ski lift up to the mountaintop pad, where panoramic views provide a beautiful backdrop, for the all-important wedding album. Bookable through Red Letter Event Planning on Marry Abroad’s Idaho page, www.marryabroad.co.uk/get-married-in-idaho.shtml
Go check out the destination first this summer – return flights to nearest airport Spokane, Washington from London, start from just £912 this August 2013 on travel search site momondo.co.uk.
3) PORINI LION CAMP, KENYA Porini Lion Camp is located in the exclusive 20,000 acre Olare Orok Conservancy. This expansive conservancy, which borders the Masai Mara Game Reserve, is home to an abundance of animals, including the Big Cats and hippos. With 10 classic bush tents the camp is exclusive and provides a real safari experience for the wedding party, reminiscent of the ’old safari hunting camps’. In keeping with the destination, weddings include Traditional Masai singing ceremonies and elders blessings. UK couples can book this experience through Tropical Sky Weddings, on Marry Abroad’s Kenya page, www.marryabroad.co.uk/get-married-in-kenya.shtml
Go check out the destination first this summer – return flights to nearest airport Nairobi from London, start from just £589 this August 2013 on travel search site momondo.co.uk.
4) SHERATON ALGARVE’S BEACH RESTAURANT, ALGARVE, PORTUGAL At the Sheraton Algarve, couples can have their ceremony and wedding breakfast on the beach, at the hotel’s own restaurant, just a few meters away from the waves. At night, guests can enjoy music with their feet in the sand, of their own exclusive beach – unique to the Algarve. This can be booked through Algarve Wedding Planners on Marry Abroad’s Portugal page ,www.marryabroad.co.uk/get-married-in-portugal.shtml
Go check out the destination first this summer – return flights to nearest airport Faro from London, start from just £221 this August 2013 on travel search site momondo.co.uk.
1) KEMPINSKI HOTEL, PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC Kempinski Hotel has the largest private garden in the centre of Prague, which is perfect for summer wedding ceremonies, either in front of a baroque fresco or a baroque fountain. With an average room size of over 50 square metres, the Kempinski Prague provides the largest accommodation of its kind in Prague, and is just five minutes by walk from the Old Town Square. It can be booked directly with the hotel, who feature on Marry Abroad’s Czech page, www.marryabroad.co.uk/get-married-in-czech-republic.shtml.
Go check out the destination first this summer – return flights to nearest airport Prague from London, start from just £115 this August 2013 on travel search site momondo.co.uk