How to add the special touch to your bridesmaid gifts
12 Jul 2016
It's hard to imagine planning a wedding without your best friends by your side, so how can you properly thank them? Show them your appreciation by picking out just the right bridesmaid gifts that they’ll treasure for years to come with the help of Dotty White's
Jewellery is a lasting way to say thank you to your bridesmaids, they will remember your wonderful day and the part that they played in it every time they wear the piece you chose for them.
For online jewellery company Dotty White’s, the story does not end there though, they believe that beautiful jewellery deserves beautiful gift wrapping. Their stylishly gift wrapped jewellery has proved popular with brides wanting to add that extra special touch to their bridesmaid gifts.
Founder Kate Chase is passionate about attention to detail. She says: "Quality and presentation is important when giving gifts that will be remembered and treasured for years to come. Nothing says thank you quite like a beautifully wrapped gift. At Dotty White’s we have worked hard on the presentation of our jewellery combining soft pouches with ribboned boxes and bags to create that special feel.
‘We understand that an affordable price is important, weddings are an expensive business and there are often several bridesmaid gifts to buy. To help out a little, we offer a 20% discount when spending £150 or over and all of our jewellery is gift wrapped free of charge."
Kate has hand selected the range of sterling silver jewellery at Dotty White’s from artisan jewellers and leading designers. Here are a few of her favourites, perfect for bridesmaid gifts:
1. This necklace is so delicate and understated. Rose gold gives a modern twist to the simple design.
2. This stylish rose gold and sterling silver chain bracelet offers simple sophistication.
3. The contrast of the polished gold heart layered above textured sterling silver is a striking combination. These two hearts are a lovely way to signify the close bond of friendship between bride and bridesmaid.
4. The beautifully detailed sterling silver and cubic zirconia clasp lends a classic, vintage feel to this freshwater pearl bracelet and is perfect to wear on the big day.
Five top tips to perfect bridesmaid gift giving:
1. Consistency - Whether you plan to get every bridesmaid the same thing or you want to choose individual gifts, try to be consistent in terms of size and budget. If you decide to choose individual gifts, think about presents that reflect the recipient. A simple stylish necklace could be just right for the understated bridesmaid, while a bracelet with a retro feel might be the perfect gift for your vintage loving friend.
2. Gift wrap - An elegantly wrapped gift is a delight to receive and adds that special touch.
3. Don't forget the note - Attach a personalised gift card featuring a heartfelt message, quote or lyrics to a song that mean something to you and the recipient.
4. Timing - Traditionally, bridesmaid gifts are given on the morning of the wedding, this is a good time if you would like your girls to wear their gift on your big day. Otherwise, you might like to hand them out during the reception as a public way to say thank you for all they’ve done.
· 5. Trust your instincts – Ask yourself: what would you love to receive? Chances are that if you love it, your friends will too.