Five Tips On How To Choose A Wedding DJ
By wedding DJ specialists, Maximum Output Events
Planning for the wedding often begins as soon as a couple get engaged, yet the music can often take a back seat to all the other preparations such as flowers, photography and food.
However wedding DJ specialists, Maximum Output Events are keen to point out statistics that show the top three things your guests remember about a wedding are the dress, venue and entertainment.
So if happy guests make happy weddings here are five tips to make sure you choose the right wedding DJ for the big day.
1. The most crucial thing to check is that your DJ has public liability insurance and is PAT (Portable Appliance Test) tested. This ensures both you and your guests’ safety. Many venues will not allow DJs into their venues without these two documents. Failing to do the paperwork on time can leave both parties embarrassed.
2. Check if your chosen DJ is part of any associations such as the NADJ (National Association of DJs) or the AMPDJ (Association of Mobile Party DJs). If they are this should mean that your DJ will be up-to-date with the latest wedding and mobile disco industry news. It’s a fast moving business.
3. Another detail to check is that the DJ provides terms and conditions or a contract between you and them, this should highlight all the details including dates, times and amounts to be paid, as well any other details. This then gives both parties security that the details will be adhered too.
4. The website is also an indication of how the DJ may represent his/her business, is it smart, does it show recent photos of their equipment/performances, has it got customer testimonials. Be careful with customer testimonials though as these can often be written so make sure they have photos, names and venues to back up their claims.
5. Just as importantly as all the above there should be some consultation with the DJ held at the venue. This will help the DJ and his client get to know each other and their tastes. Every wedding is unique and special, and should reflect the couple’s personalities.
The consultation should include the planning and timings of different parts of the entertainment such as the cake cutting, first dance and last dances as well as any other arrangements.
This then makes your evening flow much more easily, and will most certainly make your wedding one to remember for you and your guests!
Cheshire Disco Specialists Maximum Output Events are passionate about entertainment, and want your personality to reflect your event.
DJ Maximum Output help make your event special by providing high quality entertainment and a great performance.
We use state of the art equipment that is PAT (Portable Appliance Test) tested for safety and we also have full Public Liability Insurance up to £10 million.
DJ Maximum Output is a member of the National Association of Disc Jockeys, which means we provide the highest level of customer service at all times and have the support of a nationwide network of DJs, keeping up-to-date with everything ne happening in the industry.