11 packing hacks for your honeymoon
19 Jun 2019
Heading off on your honeymoon this year? Use our packing hacks to help you organise your suitcase
Whether you are heading off for a relaxing poolside break or a thrill-seeking adventure, here are 11 hacks to make packing for your honeymoon easy and fuss-free.
1. Use cling film or sellotape around the lids of your toiletries to stop them from leaking and spilling inside your luggage.
2. Thread the chains of your necklaces through drinking straws to stop them from getting tangled up in your travels.
3. Wrap your shoes in reusable plastic bags to stop them transferring dirt into your clothes.
4. Pack smaller garments, such as socks and underwear, inside hats to save space and stop your favourite sun hat from getting squashed.
5. Place heavier items, such as shoes, towards the bottom of your case where the wheels are – that way, thanks to gravity, you won't risk your shoes slipping down and wrinkling your clothes during your travels.
6. Instead of folding your clothes when packing, just fold them in half once and then roll them. This will save space and reduce creasing.
7. If you don’t have a travel jewellery case, use an empty pill box as a way to keep earrings and delicate jewellery safe.
8. To keep the contents of your suitcase fresh and avoid smelling damp, line your suitase with tumble dryer sheets.
9. Remember to take a reusable water bottle in your hand luggage. You are allowed to take an empty water bottle through airport security, then once you are through you can refill your bottle and stay hydrated on your travels.
10. Use hair ties to keep charging cords for your electronic devices together so they don’t get tangled up.
11. Protect breakable items, like glass perfume bottles, by placing them inside shoes and socks.
For more tips and inspiration visit the honeymoon section on our website.