Couples share their favourite love songs in bid to win a wedding
08 Jan 2020
Balmer Lawn Hotel & Spa has shared the stories behind the competition entries from couples who are in the running to win a wedding at the venue
To celebrate its 1,000th wedding, New Forest venue Balmer Lawn Hotel & Spa is offering one lucky couple the chance to win a winter wedding.
For a chance to scoop the prize, couples were asked to submit their most meaningful love songs with the best backstories now shortlisted to a top ten.
- A shared first kiss at five-years-old that was rekindled 36 years later when the two finally got together as a couple
- A couple whose romance epitomises winter, having met when switching on Epsom’s Christmas lights
- A Danny and Sandy relationship in a school production of Grease that never stopped
- A romantic proposal that re-enacted the work colleague turned lovers’ first date rock climbing
- A DJ who is hoping to celebrate the tenth anniversary with his better half by finally tying the knot
The public are now asked to vote for their favourite couple and story behind their song choice on the Balmer Lawn Hotel website. Voting closes on at midnight on Friday 24th January and the winning couple will be announced the following week. Couples who place second and third will win a £1,000 discount off their wedding at Balmer Lawn Hotel if they book with this year.
Michael Clitheroe, general manager at Balmer Lawn Hotel, says: “We’re really excited about giving away a wedding and can’t wait to see who ends up as the eventual winner. It will be interesting to see who catches the eye of the public, and we’d like to wish all of the finalists the best of luck.”