Chilled cucumber and avocado soup recipe
16 Aug 2016
For a light and appetising starter for your wedding breakfast, take a look at this chilled cucumber and avocado soup recipe from The Arch London
Gary Durrant shares his recipe for chilled cucumber and avocado soup with brown shrimp and dill. This dish features on the new menu at Hunter 486, the stylish restaurant within five-star boutique hotel The Arch London which hosts boutique wedding receptions.
The soup is a healthy and refreshing dish, perfect for a light starter dish.
Ingredients (to serve 4):
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ½ clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers peeled, seeds removed and sliced
- 650 ml vegetable stock
- 1 medium avocado
- ½ cucumber peeled, seeds removed and cut into small cubes
- 40g peeled brown shrimps
- 4 sprigs dill
1. Cook the chopped onions and garlic in a little vegetable oil until soft and translucent.
2. Add the cucumber and cook for approximately 10 minutes until the cucumber is soft.
3. Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Place in a liquidiser and blend until it is smooth.
5. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl, and place this in a bowl of ice to chill the soup.
6. When the soup is cold, peel and chop the avocado, add to the soup and blend again until it is smooth and season with salt and black pepper.