Black Swan Hotel announces afternoon tea package for 2018
05 Jul 2017
Is looking for a stylish wedding venue with a vintage twist leaving you feeling a little ‘hot under the collar’? Perhaps The Black Swan has just what you’re looking for…
The award-winning Black Swan Hotel in Helmsley is well known for hosting charming country weddings as well as serving delicious afternoon teas. Now, it has launched a new all-inclusive wedding package for spring/summer 2018, offering both in one scrumptious package entitled ‘A Little Hot Under the Collar’.
The hotel boasts a picturesque location in the heart of beautiful Helmsley, close to the town’s historic marketplace. Overlooking the churchyard next door, the hotel’s pretty, terraced walled gardens and hand-crafted oak gazebo provide a beautiful backdrop. For added fun and entertainment, the ‘Grin & Share It’ photo booth provides a delightful keepsake of the celebrations.
The package features a traditional Pimms drinks reception with canapés and an afternoon tea wedding reception, all served on mismatched vintage crockery along with wine and prosecco to toast the happy couple. An evening buffet includes: garden salads; hot sandwiches of roast beef and caramelised onion, and roast pork and stuffing; lemon tarts; and bitter chocolate, boozy cherry cake. A candy bar keeps the sweet treats popping as the dancing begins.
Priced at £5395 for 50 guests or £7995 for 80 guests, this package is available for spring/summer 2018 and includes:
- A Pimms drinks reception following your wedding ceremony
- A selection of three canapés per person, to accompany your drinks
- Afternoon tea, including finger sandwiches, home-made scones with clotted cream and home-made jam, cakes and patisserie
- Half a bottle of house wine per person to accompany afternoon tea
- A glass of prosecco to toast the bride and groom
- ‘Grin & Bare It’ Photo Booth (3 hours) with keepsake album presented afterwards
- Candy Bar serving jelly and novelty sweets in the evening
- An evening buffet of garden salad, hot roast sandwiches, with roast beef and caramelised onion sandwiches and roast pork and stuffing sandwiches, lemon tarts, and bitter chocolate, boozy cherry cake.
- Disco and DJ for your evening reception
- A ‘cake pop’ place card, made by Celebrate Country Cake Designs (www.celebrate-countrycakedesign.co.uk)
- Table plan provided by the hotel
- White chair covers and ties to complement your colour scheme, white table clothes and white table linen
- Use of the hotel’s candelabras for your table decor
- Function room hire of the Garden Room, Tudor Lounge and the Crosland Room (plus use of The Gallery until 5.30pm for weddings of 80 guests)
- One complimentary bedroom on the night of your wedding, including traditional cooked English breakfast
- Use of the hotel’s cake stand and knife
- Personal wedding co-ordinator and Master of Ceremonies on the day to plan and oversee your special day
- Complimentary car parking for guests