Average A-list celebrity wedding costs £1.6 million
06 Sep 2016
Uncovering the 10 most extravagant celebrity weddings of the 21st century, the average A-list wedding cost has been revealed
Using publicly available information and insider knowledge, wedding service experts at www.bidvine.com have compared 20 A-list weddings to reveal the average estimated cost.
Based on the number of guests, venue, catering, dresses, flowers and entertainment, the average celebrity wedding costs £1.6 million. This also accounts for travel and accomodation, but doesn't include security - which was the largest outlay at Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding, an estimated £24 milion.
Here are the 10 most expensive A-list celebrity weddings since the turn of the millennium:
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel - £ 4,936,584
- Beyoncé and Jay Z - £3,190,515
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian - £2,985,801
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - £2,848,185
- Liza Minelli and David Gest - £2,658,160
- Paul McCartney and Heather Mills - £2,468,290
- Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky - £2,278,423
- Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman – £1,518,949
- Prince William and Kate Middleton - £ 1,516,243
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes - £1,500,000
The wedding experts at Bidvine also found that on average, celebrities had spent:
- £39,000 on flowers
- £3,566 on the wedding cake
- £30,304 on the food
- £145,403 on the wedding dress
- £104,119 on the wedding venue
To view the full list of the 20 most expensive and high profile celebrity weddings of the 21st century visit the Bidvine website.