Aldi launches dedicated wedding wine advice site
06 Jun 2018
UK supermarket Aldi has launched a wedding wine advice site
With couples inviting around 75 guests to their wedding at an average cost of £25,000, budget supermarket Aldi has launched its own wedding wine advice site to help shoppers create a day fit for royalty – without the premium price tag.
From welcome drinks to toasting the newlyweds, wedding wine can cost in excess of £1,000; and as a result, more and more brides- and grooms-to-be are turning to Aldi and its selection of 100 wines. Designed to help engaged couples stock up on quality wines that match the theme and budget of their day, its new site features its collection of quality wines and sparkling wines as well as detailed advice.
Julie Ashfield, managing director of buying at Aldi UK, comments: "Now that wedding season has officially begun, we’re making it easier than ever for shoppers to choose the right wine when it comes to toasting their special day. With weddings costing on average £25,000 we know that getting married is an expensive time. We’ve seen an increase in shoppers coming to Aldi to buy their wines for their wedding, as they know they can get great quality wines but without a hefty price tag. To help make the process even simpler we have created a dedicated page online that will help guide them through our selection of quality wines, and offer helpful tips and advice along the way.”
Here are just some of Aldi’s top wedding wine tips for couples:
- Guests tend to be thirstier at the beginning of the party so allow for two glasses each. The ideal aperitif wine is a dry, light and easy-drinking white or, of course, a Champagne or Prosecco.
- For the toasts, Aldi recommends nine bottles of Champagne or your favourite Aldi bubbly for 50 guests which equates to a purse friendly £71.91 – an amazing £2 per glass.
- The key to buying wine for a large gathering is to keep it simple – lighter white wines such as Sauvignon Blanc pair well with fish and chicken, whereas a bolder red such as a Malbec pairs well with a red meat dish.
- Wines that suit every palate from the chief bridesmaid to the great grandma are fruity whites such as Cambalala Chenin Blanc at (£3.89), and medium reds like Côtes du Rhône-Villages (£4.29).
- Aldi also caters for the health-conscious bride and groom with perfect organic wine choices such as the Organic Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie (£5.99) and Organic Toro Loco (£4.99)
- Need to keep vegan or vegetarian guests happy? Aldi has several great vegan-friendly wine options including the Exquisite Collection Cremante du Jura (£7.99) and Exquisite Collection Argentinian Malbec (£5.99)
- Avoid awkward dad dancing by offering lower alcohol wines such as the Animus Vinho Verde (£4.79), which is only 11% ABV, or the 5.5% Frizzante Rosé
- Screwcaps make life much simpler and Aldi has plenty to choose from including the Kooliburra Australian Chardonnay (£3.99) and Estevez Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon (£4.79)
- Allow for three glasses of wine per guest during the meal
Take a look at Aldi’s dedicated wedding wine site here for more advice and tips: https://www.aldi.co.uk/weddings