10 Blow Dry Tricks for Lustrous Wedding Hair
28 Sep 2015
Big, bountiful and glossy. Wedding day hair should be nothing less, and with the right preparation bouncy, frizz-free locks can be yours. Learn how to style hair like a pro with these expert blow-dry tricks from Jennie Manzi, director at Paul Edmonds London
1. When finishing blow-drying your hair ensure you blast with cool air to close the cuticle and add shine.
2. To save time rough dry to 80 per cent dry before styling with a brush.
3. To create maximum volume, tip your head down and blow dry your hair using your finger tips.
5. To hold curl volume, an easy tip is to blow-dry hair hot in that position and quickly flip the setting to cold and blow out. This will contract the hair follicle and maintain the shape for longer.
6. For maximum root lift on your parting, take a section either side of your parting and blow-dry one section at a time, that way get you achieve an even spread of root lift either side making the hair bouncier.
7. For frizzy hair add an anti frizz cream such as Kerastase Keratin Thermique which will smooth the hair making it easier to blow-dry.
8. For a straighter finish, blow-dry with a paddle brush from wet hair and keep brushing in a downward direction with the flat paddle brush until dry. Blast with cold air to give glossy finish.
9. When using serum or oils, never apply near the roots only mid-lengths and ends, otherwise the hair will become too heavy and too greasy quickly.
10. For the mega big bouncier blow-dry, use a small to medium size round brush when the hair is hot, and dry. Hold two fingers to the root, wrap the hair around and when wrapped completely secure with a grip, and continue to complete all of the hair. Give your hair a cold blow out and take out the pins to reveal gorgeous Farrah Fawcett curls.
Extra tip for perfect curls: If your curls are too tight, or you have too many, pop a light serum into your hands and lightly drag through the hair with your hands to loosen the curls.