Venue Fact File: Leez Priory, Essex
13 Sep 2017
From the moment you arrive at Leez Priory you cannot help but fall in love. Read all about this spectacular venue in Chelmsford
Photo: Chris Hawkins
Once you have meandered along the driveway of Leez Priory, the sight that awaits you is truly breath-taking. A Tudor mansion all yours for your very special day.
Facilities and services
There are seven licensed locations to choose from. You have exclusive use of the entire house and grounds spanning 40 acres. The team are here to guide you in creating your wedding day dream but, if they can do it, you can have it. They also aim to offer an all-inclusive wedding package allowing them to take care of the necessities so you can relax and add your own more personal touches. The historic tower, adjacent to the main house, is extremely popular for ceremonies and photographs alike. It stands over the inner courtyard and provides an imposing backdrop.
Availability and pricing
The venue only ever hosts one wedding per day and weddings can be held on every day of the week. Packages start from just £5,500 for 60 guests. This includes:
- A choice of cocktails and classic welcome drinks (60 glasses)
- Delicious canapés to accompany your welcome drinks
- Chair covers with your choice of sash colour or Chiavari chairs for ceremony and wedding breakfast
- Three-course wedding breakfast with tea, coffee and handmade petit fours
- Leez Priory house wine to accompany your meal (30 bottles)
- Exquisite sparkling wine for the speeches (60 glasses)
- Late evening buffet
- Full exclusive use of your very own country house from midday
- House floral decorations
- Full bar facilities including staff
- All non-consumables including furnishings, linen and decorations
- Leez Priory DJ and disco playing until midnight
- Your own dedicated personal wedding manager to help you plan and oversee your special day.
An expert team of in-house chefs guarantees the quality of food service at every wedding.
A cottage is available for the night before for the bride and bridesmaids, complete with six-seater hot tub. For the night of the wedding, there are 15 luxury bedroom suites that can sleep up to 34 guests.
“Thank you so very much for making my wedding day so perfect. There has been lots of praise from virtually everyone who was there for the entire package. Vashti (whom you recommended) as well as the string quartet, the service itself, the beautiful surroundings, and how wonderfully everything was organised. Even the temperamental English weather behaved itself perfectly. Everyone absolutely loved the venue. I would like to thank all the staff for their service and for your splendid organisation. I am delighted; it could not have been bettered, so thank you once more, it was really appreciated.” Renee Gilfrin