Terms & Conditions
updated: 20 Oct 2016
Bride – The Wedding Site is provided by Archant Community Media Limited whose registered office address is Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, Norfolk NR1 1RE and whose company number is 19300 and VAT number is 711518562.
For the purpose of these Terms & Conditions Website means www.weddingsite.co.uk and any associated apps.
These terms and conditions apply to all users of this Website. If You do not accept these terms then You should immediately stop using this Website. Your use of the Website confirms Your acceptance of these terms. We will not be liable to You for any interruption or delay that You experience in accessing the Website, whatever the cause.
Access to particular areas of the Website may be subject to additional terms to which You confirm Your acceptance of by entering the particular areas. If You do not accept those terms then You should immediately stop using those pages.
Archant does not warrant that functions contained in the Website content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Content or the Server(s) are available free of viruses or bugs.
This Website is made available on the basis that there are excluded, to the extent permitted by law, any terms implied by statute or otherwise and all liability for any loss or damage however it arises out of the use of this Website or reliance on its content.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TERM THAT WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES TO YOU DEPENDS UPON THE DATE OF THE WEDDING THAT YOU PROVIDED DURING REGISTRATION, IF THIS DATE CHANGES PLEASE CONTACT US TO DISCUSS YOUR OPTIONS AT: www.weddingsite.co.uk/contact or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
VERSION DATE: December 2013
Variation of these Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to any part of the Website. It may therefore be necessary to change these Terms and Conditions. If We do change the Terms and Conditions, We will update the date above. If You use any of the Website after We have published such changes, You will be agreeing to be bound to those changes. If You do not agree to be bound by the changes then You should immediately stop using the Website.
Our Customer Service representative operating hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. We will try to respond your query within 24 hours of receipt (please note that this excludes Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays).
For all customer enquiries please fill out the form below: www.weddingsite.co.uk/contact.
If you wish to contact us by mail, please write to Bride – The Wedding Site, Archant, Avonhouse, Avonmore Road, Kensington Village, London. WT14 8TS.
You acknowledge that:
- You are over 18 years of age. If you are aged between 16 and 18 and wish to use our services please contact us at email@example.com.
- You have the permission to send Us the material.
- You must not impersonate any other user of the website.
- When submitting a review of a supplier in the Bride – The Wedding Site Supplier Finder, your email address will be available to the supplier to allow them to verify that you have used their service or products.
You further agree that by submitting any material to Us, You agree not to contribute any material:
- That is threatening, defamatory, intentionally offensive abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, pornographic, obscene, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy; or
- That is discriminatory against race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender; or
- For which You have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- Which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK; or
- That is in breach of the rights of any third party; or
- Which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data) You further agree that if You knowingly send any material which is technically harmful that Archant retains the right at its sole discretion to pursue You for all legal fees (including its own and those of any third party), damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of Your actions; or
- That makes any commercial or business use of the website or post any material which comprises advertising promotional or marketing material of any kind, nor will You set up any links from the Website to any other website; or
- That is not original to You and You grant Us a royalty-free irrevocable and perpetual licence to use, reproduce in whole or in part, modify and adapt such material and authorize others to do so in any media now known or in future developed in any part of the world; and
- That You understand and agree that any breach of these warranties may cause Us damage and loss and You agree to indemnify Us and keep Us at all times fully indemnified from and against all claims, costs, loss or damage incurred by Us directly or indirectly as a result of any material posted by You on the website or any use by You of the website.
- We reserve the right (but do not assume the obligation) without notice to remove any material which We in Our sole discretion deem to be harmful, offensive or otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions and/or to terminate the registration of any person who We in Our sole discretion deem in breach of these terms and conditions. This is without prejudice to any of Our rights at law all of which are specifically reserved.
By Accessing or Posting any information or photographs that You confirm You have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions.
Registration and Passwords
Where any part of the Website requires that You register in order to use it, You are obliged to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is Your responsibility to update and maintain any changes to that information (including Your e-mail address) by altering Your details as appropriate.
In order to set up an account your must provide us with the accurate date for your wedding, we understand that due to circumstances outside of your control that this date may change, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need to change the date of wedding.
Registration is at Your own risk and We will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions made using Your user name or password. As a Premium Member when you publish your website you have the option to password protect the website to restrict access. It is your responsibility to protect your website. You may provide your website password to other people (Guests) who will have the ability to upload photographs and comment on your website. You can amend this Password at any time.
If you are a basic member, whilst the information your account information and the content provided under tools is password protected, the information that you publish on your website is not password protected and you acknowledge and accept that other people may be able to see the content provided by you, even though they will not be able to upload to your website.
Registering via a Social Network
If You choose to register via a Social Network on our registration page (“Social Network Registration”), You acknowledge and consent for Your data held by the Social Network site (subject to the Social Networks Terms and Conditions) to be processed and shared via a third party whom may be based outside of the European Economic Area and for such data to be processed by Us. The only data obtained during the Social Network Registration is Your name and email address.
Designer themed website and stationery
By becoming a premium member you can choose to have a designer theme for your website. Copyright in the theme remains with the designer of the theme, and you are not permitted to use or copy the theme for any other purpose than for your website with Bride – The Wedding Site.
As a Premium Member, You may elect to use designer stationery. This service is provided by a third party and additional costs may apply. Please see Third Party Sites below.
Information that you put onto Bride – The Wedding Site
We acknowledge that you retain copyright in the information and photographs that you provide/upload to Bride – The Wedding Site. You automatically grant Archant the royalty-free, non-transferable licence to use any information you provide for the sole purpose of providing you with the services. We may contact you from time to time to request that we can use your copyrighted information for other purposes, but will not do so without your permission.
You are entitled to cancel the services that we provide for you for seven working days after entering into the contract with us (which will be deemed to start when you receive your confirmation payment email from WorldPay). To cancel your contract please contact us at email@example.com and we will refund of all monies paid by you to the card which you paid with, within 30 days of receiving your email.
The term of the service offered to you is based on the package you have subscribed to and the date of your wedding. The following terms of service apply:
|Basic||One week after the wedding date you provided when you subscribed.||Ruby||One calendar month after the wedding date you provided when you subscribed.||Gold||Six calendar months after the wedding date you provided when you subscribed.||Diamond||1 year after the wedding date you provided when you subscribed.|
Upgrading Your Account
You may upgrade your account at any time throughout the package term by purchasing an upgrade in your account panel or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or contacting us through the contact page www.weddingsite.co.uk/contact. The cost to upgrade your account will be the full amount of the upgraded account less any payments you have already made for a Premium Subscription. Unfortunately you are not able to downgrade your account at any time.
Renewals and Termination
Renewals must be made within 7 days of your package expiry date as you will risk losing all of your personal website content. We will send you a reminder email to the email address that you have provided 7 days before your account is due to expire.
It is up to You to ensure that you copied/printed any content that has been uploaded to Your site, as this will not be available to you after your subscription has finished. Bride – The Wedding Site will not be liable for any loss of content howsoever caused.
The maximum number of photographs that you can upload to Bride – The Wedding Site shall depend upon your subscription package, as below:
|Package||Maximum number of photographs|
|Basic||20 (or 100Mb whichever is the greater)||Ruby||100 (or 500Mb whichever is the greater)||Gold||250 (or 1.2Gb whichever is the greater)||Diamond||1,000 (or 5Gb whichever is the greater)|
Please ensure that you have the correct copyright permissions to upload any photographs onto your site.
All Premium customers will be able to collect wedding donations/ contributions from your guests as wedding gifts through your personal Bride – The Wedding Site website. This is collected through your personal PayPal account which you can then choose to spend as you wish. Please note that PayPal charge a transaction fee to transfer this into your personal bank account but do not charge if you spend the funds with online retailers accepting PayPal, specific fees charged by PayPal can be found at the link below. By using this service you will be bound by Paypal’s separate terms and conditions and privacy statement which can be found at: http://bit.ly/UFPRT9.
If you elect to, you can set up a link for your guests to donate money to your chosen charity. We operate this service via www.justgiving.com/en/how-justgiving-works/our-fees, where their terms and conditions will apply.
From time to time we may offer Advertiser sponsored Competitions. Entry into these Competitions is not automatic and you will need to pro-actively enter the Competition. Only one entry per registered user will be allowed. The winner will be selected at random from the correct entries and notified by email within 7 days of the Competition. We reserve the right to report details of competition winners, to take photographs (or other visual media) and to publish such media on Bride – The Wedding Site and on other social media platforms. The prize must be taken as offered with no alternative. In the event that the prize cannot be supplied no liability will attach to Archant. Entry into any competition does not give rise to any binding agreement between the parties. When prizes are supplied by third parties We are acting as their agents and as such We exclude all liability for loss or damage You may suffer as a result of any Competition. The editor of the Bride – The Wedding Site decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Employees of Archant and the prize provider and their immediate families and agents may not enter. We may request proof of age and date of wedding from any competition winner.
Thomas Cook & Hard Rock Hotels All Inclusive Collection - Prize Draw Full Terms & Conditions
The Prize Draw
1. Bride Magazine, Thomas Cook and Hard Rock Hotels are offering one lucky couple the chance to win a fabulous 7 night all inclusive honeymoon in the Dominican Republic staying at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana.
2. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, Bride Magazine, Hard Rock Hotels, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
How to enter
a. Through the Bride Magazine website: www.weddingsite.co.uk/competitions
b. At ‘Bride: The Wedding Show’ exhibition stand and other national wedding shows.
c. When purchasing show tickets online at www.theweddingshow.co.uk. for ‘Bride: The Wedding Show’
4. If you enter through routes a. or b. above, participants will be required to provide their name, e-mail address, wedding date and answer a multiple choice question. If you enter through route c. above you must tick a box during the purchase process to confirm you’d like to be entered into the prize draw.
5. It is a condition of entry that participants agree to receive marketing e-mails from Thomas Cook Group UK companies. Participants can unsubscribe at any time from future e-mails or direct mails by using the unsubscribe function or following the instructions to unsubscribe stated on any direct mails received.
7. A limit of one entry per person will be accepted. No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry.
8. No responsibility will be accepted for entries delayed. No responsibility will be taken for telecommunication, device or website error.
9. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process 3rd April 2017 ("Draw Date").
10. The prize is valid for up to 2 adults staying at the 5 star Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana on an all-inclusive board basis for 7 nights and includes the ‘With Love from Hard Rock’ Honeymoon package. The prize includes flights from Manchester Airport in economy with Thomas Cook Airlines. In-flight meals, 20kgs luggage allowance and transfers to/from the hotel. The prize winner is responsible for the service tax of US$10 per person per night
11. The prize is valid for travel between 1st May 2017 – 31st October 2018 (excluding, Christmas/New Year and Easter holiday periods, resort closed out dates and subject to availability at the time of booking).
12. The prize winner must claim and book their prize by the 31st May 2016. Failure to do so will result in the prize being forfeited. All permitted travel dates are subject to availability until the booking has been confirmed. There is no cash alternative for the prize.
13. The winner must be one of the people who travels on the prize holiday. The prize cannot be transferred.
14. The prize must be taken as offered and no cash or other alternatives will be given.
15. The winner and their travelling companion are responsible for ensuring they hold a valid passport to travel and any necessary visa, and that they hold adequate travel insurance.
16. The holiday prize does not include travel insurance, spending money or any other items or expense not specifically stated within the prize description. All such costs/expenses will be the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion.
17. Once the booking is confirmed no changes to the booking are permitted. Thomas Cook Tour Operations Ltd Booking Conditions apply, available on request or on the website www.thomascook.com.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
Winner announcement & claiming the prize
19. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 8th April 2017. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 10 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
20. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
21.The winner of the prize draw will be announced in the Bride Magazine and on Thomas Cook social media channels by the end of May 2017. The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Thomas Cook Campaign Team, Media & Partnerships, The Thomas Cook Business Park, Coningsby Road, Peterborough, PE3 8SB, no later than 30 June 2017.
Data protection and publicity
22. The winner may be required to participate in all reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize for no further consideration, and they consent to Hard Rock Hotels AIC using their name and images in promotional material.
23. Save as set out in paragraph 4. Above, personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
24. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
25. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
26. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
27. The Promoter of this prize draw is Thomas Cook Group plc., Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ.
Free Prize Draws
Bride – The Wedding Site Free Prize Draws will be held from time to time. The number of free entries you will have shall depend on your subscription package:
Winners will be selected at random and notified by email within 7 days of the Prize Draw. We reserve the right to report details of Prize Draw winners, to take photographs (or other visual media) and to publish such media on Bride – The Wedding Site and on other social media platforms. The prize must be taken as offered with no alternative. In the event that the prize cannot be supplied no liability will attach to Archant. Entry into the Prize Draw does not give rise to any binding agreement between the parties. When prizes are supplied by third parties We are acting as their agents and as such We exclude all liability for loss or damage You may suffer as a result of any Prize Draw. The editor of the Bride – The Wedding Site decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Employees of Archant and the prize provider and their immediate families and agents may not enter. We may request proof of age / date of wedding from any Prize Draw winner.
If you do not wish to enter have entry into the Free Prize Draws please contact us at email@example.com.
Moderation and ‘Take down’ Policy
Bride – The Wedding Site does not moderate any content that is placed on your website. If we receive a complaint with regards to any content that has been posted/uploaded to your site we will email you at the address registered to the account and request that you remove the content in question within 7 days. If you do not remove the content within 7 days we reserve the right to suspend your account until such time as the content is removed.
Third Party Sites
This website provides links to other websites. These links are for Your convenience only and do not signify that We endorse or undertake any responsibility for the content of or any transactions that You enter into relating to those linked sites. Use of third party websites is entirely at Your own risk.
Loss of information
We will not be liable for accidental loss or damage to Your copy, including artwork and photographs, in any format. Accordingly, Our liability for non-accidental damage to Your copy will be limited to the value of the medium in which they are embodied.
Supplier Finder Service
By signing up for the Supplier Finder Service Bride – The Wedding Site will automatically create an account for you which will allow you use the other services that Bride – The Wedding Site offer from time to time. If you do not wish for an account to be set up please contact Bride – The Wedding Site at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In using this service, you acknowledge that Bride – The Wedding Site is not acting as a contractor or agent and is not responsible for any goods or services you may choose to receive. It is your responsibility to select any suitable supplier and to negotiate the terms for any goods or services, Bride – The Wedding Site will not be involved or held liable for any agreement between you and the supplier. Bride – The Wedding Site makes no warranty against any services purchased through the Supplier Finder service.
We recommend that before entering into any agreement with a supplier that you contain confirmation of insurance cover, guarantees or any documentation that is relevant. If you suffer any problems or losses as a result of acting on the information provided outside of Bride – The Wedding Site we will not be liable.
You understand that we do not control, and are not responsible for content made available through the service. Furthermore, the site and content through the service may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of Bride – The Wedding Site. Bride – The Wedding Site make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information provided in any such website.
We do not guarantee that you will receive any quotes from using the service, we will try to find a supplier that meets your requirements but we do not guarantee that a provider matching the exact details will be found.
The Website does not endorse, vet or recommend any specific supplier and relies on the correct information being provided by both you and supplier to identify which suppliers are provided to quote.
Bride – The Wedding Site accepts no liability in relation to any agreement entered into between you and the supplier, including but not limited to the cost, quality, loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any agreement, or timeliness of the services provided by the supplier or their subcontractors.
In the event that you have a dispute with a supplier you understand and agree that Bride – The Wedding Site is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you do have dispute with a supplier, you hereby release Bride – The Wedding Site, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights, from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or any way related to such dispute and/or our service.
You agree that Bride – The Wedding Site, in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to deactivate your account, block your email address, or otherwise terminate or restrict your access to or use of Bride – The Wedding Site and its services, immediately and without notice, for any reason, including, without limitation, if Bride – The Wedding Site believes that you have acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these terms.
You agree that Bride – The Wedding Site has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any content maintained or transmitted by Bride – The Wedding Site. You also acknowledge that Bride – The Wedding Site reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the website or services (or any part thereof) without notice, and that Bride – The Wedding Site shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of any services.
For any queries relating to the Supplier Finder service you can contact us at email@example.com
Intellectual Property of Bride – The Wedding Site
The Website and/or the services contain content owned by Archant. Other than the Content you provide for the Service, the Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. Archant owns and retains all rights the Website and the Services. Archant hereby grants You a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable licence to reproduce and display the Content (excluding any software code) solely for Your personal, non-commercial use in connection with viewing the Website and using the Services.
The trade marks, names, logos and service marks (collectively 'trademarks') displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of the Bride – The Wedding Site. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trade mark without the prior written permission from us.
The Website and the Services contain content owned by Users and other licensors (“Third Party Content”). Except for Content posted by You, You may not, unless specifically authorised by Archant in writing, copy, modify, translate, publish, reproduce, commercially exploit, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any content appearing on or through the Website or the Services. You may retrieve and display content from the Website or the Services on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper, photocopy and store such pages in electronic form on disc (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for Your personal non-commercial use.
Your use of this Website, these terms and conditions and any matters arising are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. This Website is targeted only at UK residents. If you access Bride – The Wedding Site outside of this Jurisdiction, it is up to You to ensure that Your use does not infringe any relevant legislation of the country you access Bride – The Wedding Site.
You agree to indemnify and hold Archant, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, demand, claim or legal proceedings brought or threatened, including expenses of any character suffered or incurred arising out of Your use of the Website or the Services in violation of this Agreement, and/or arising from Your use of or conduct on the Website or in use of the Services and/or a breach of this Agreement.